I now have more than just the clothes on my back! This morning I went out to a department store and bought some clothes to wear: socks, underwear, a t-shirt, pajama bottoms, slippers. Oh yes, and razors! Things are not cheap in Paris and the items added up to 63 €. Yes, I expect Air France to reimburse me fully. Five days of wearing the same clothes was a tad inconvenient, and I still don't know when I'll be able to collect my luggage.
Later that afternoon, I headed out to run some errands. My goals were to get my documents photocopied so I could submit the originals to Air France with my request for reimbursement, and also to cancel my train ticket and get my money back. Successful on both accounts, with a little help again from Anne.
When I returned to St-Serge, I realized that it was only 7:00 in the evening and that I was feeling pretty good. Since the weather has warmed considerably over the past few days, I decided to head over to the Eiffel Tower again. Even if the elevators were still shut down due to the weather, I could at least get a photo or two of the tower lit up at night.
Well. The highest level is closed for some mid-winter repairs, but since the middle level is 120 m (394 feet) above street level, I had a pretty good view of things. It was wonderful. The noise from the traffic was still audible, but it actually added to the sense of peace and detachment I was experiencing. The lights of the city are very pretty and I walked around the deck several times before I finally let the cold drive me back towards the elevator.
I managed to get a few shots from on high before my camera battery finally died. And guess where my spare battery and the charger are? Well, actually I don't really know where they are, other than in my luggage. I sure hope the airline figures out how to deliver my things to me. Tomorrow morning after the ritual phone call to Air France, I intend to head over to Sainte-Chapelle again. I will ask Sharif if I can borrow his camera.
I am very glad I've had this time in Paris, but I am also very eager to get on the road to Santiago de Compostela. I had hoped to be in Roncesvalles this evening, after having walked across the border from St. Jean-Pied-du-Port. Ah well. Church starts less than five hours from now, so I suppose I ought to log out and get some sleep.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.